Let’s get straight to it and tell you what this book is and what it isn’t.
If you want something highly practical, that gets straight to the point and gives you a clear but concise overview of up-to-date assessment interventions that you might have to go through, hints and tips as to what recruiters are looking for and how best to prepare yourself; then you have come to the right place. Whether you are just starting out in your career or an experienced professional preparing for an in-depth interview or senior assessment/development centre, this book will help set you up for success.
If you are looking to understand the history of people assessment dating back to the early 20th century and elaborate detail about current practices in interviewing, assessment centres, and psychometric testing; then this book isn’t for you.
We will take you on a journey through the typical steps of an assessment process, what recruiters are looking for at each stage or within each exercise; give you hints and tips to help you be at your best and some example exercises to try to get you into the right frame of mind. We have even extracted the wisdom from a recent graduate- Ben- who has secured a graduate role at a FTSE 10 organisation. Hot off the trail from his assessment journey, his insights are a fantastic addition to support your preparation further; whether you are at the same stage of your career as Ben, returning to work or a candidate for the most senior positions, these ‘hacks’ are sure to help. The book will also cover pre and post assessment ‘must do’s’ (and some don’ts!) and cover emerging and future trends in the world of recruitment and people assessment.
- Introduction to all things assessment
- Cover letter, application form and C.V.
- Psychometrics, telephone and video interviewing
- The interview
- Introduction to assessment and development centres
- Role Play
- In-tray/Inbox exercises
- Group exercise
- Written exercise/Case study
- Emerging trends in assessment:
- Assessment do’s and don’ts
- Assessment check lists
- Self-assessment and reflection exercises
Licencing of this digital download
- The guide which you purchase is for your own personal (non-business) use as a single user. You may make reasonable copies of the pdf or paper print-outs for this sole purpose, but may not share or sell such copies with or to any other party.
Once purchased you can download this a maximum of two times. Make sure you save this immediately to your computer or tablet.