DEMO:U Privacy Notice
We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number 1065279.
This privacy notice was last updated on: 13 December 2017.
1.1. Our services: We collect and hold personal data of our customers, enquirers and visitors to our website (“you”) in order to provide you with our services and respond to enquiries, including in relation to our online virtual assessment centre experiences and ultimate assessment guides. This includes information resulting from psychometric tests and interviews which form part of the services. See paragraph 2.1 below.
1.2. Surveys: We carry out surveys of our customers for the purpose of diversity monitoring and statistics, which may include collection of sensitive personal data, for example your ethnic origin. Completion of these surveys is optional. See paragraph 2.2 below.
1.3. Direct marketing: We may also send marketing communications about our services by email to existing customers and enquirers. See paragraph 2.3 below.
1.4. Payments: You may pay for our services directly to us, or via PayPal. If you use PayPal, we will not hold your payment details and you should refer to PayPal for more information about how it uses your details. See paragraph 2.4 below.
1.5. Sharing your data: We may share your data with other organisations or individuals who assist us with the services, including specialists in psychometric testing, and mentors who carry out interviews. See paragraph 4 below.
1.7. Your rights. You have the right to access a copy of the data we hold about you and additional rights to object to our use of your data in some circumstances. See paragraph 6 below.
2. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR DATA
2.1. Purchasing our services
In order to purchase our services, we need you to complete a form with your details. Such details include:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your email address
• Details of the services you are purchasing
• Other information you choose to give us in relation to your order. This includes information about a specific job you may be going for, or if you have a deadline for completion of our services.
• Payment details (see also paragraph 2.4 below).
If you are under 16, we will also need your parents’ details and their consent for you to receive our services.
We use such information to manage our relationship with you, to provide the requested services, and to manage payment and invoicing. We may also undertake marketing activities – see paragraph 2.3 below.
We may also collect information or create additional records relating to you during the course of providing our services. These include, for example, information collected and reports created during psychometric testing and interviews, and the results of such testing and interviews. These records are used to make objective views on your performance and provide you with your results in the form of feedback reports.
Please note that other organisations and individuals assist us with psychometric tests and interviews as part of our services. See paragraph 4 below for more information about such organisations and individuals.
We may send you one or more surveys during the course of our services, and once the services have finished. It is optional for you to complete these surveys. They may include questions relating to your feelings and opinions entering the workforce or transitioning to a new job, and assessment processes. They may also include questions on your age range, gender, ethnic origin and disabilities. The results of our surveys are used for diversity monitoring, and to help us better understand who is using our services and why in order to improve and tailor our services better. We assign a number to each individual’s responses so we can compare the pre- and post-intervention data. We aim to anonymise the responses once the survey process is complete.
2.3. Direct marketing
We may send you marketing communications about our services by email. We provide an option whether or not you want to receive such communications when you first purchase our services or get in touch online. You may also opt out of receiving these at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Note that even if you do not wish to receive marketing communications, we may still use your email address to contact you in relation to the services you are receiving as described elsewhere in this notice, for example communications to confirm your order, to schedule your interviews, and on service updates and availability.
2.4. Payment details
You may make payments to using direct electronic transfers to our bank account, or using PayPal (a third party payment provider). If you use PayPal then we do not store your payment card or bank details. You should refer to PayPal for more information on how it uses your details.
2.5. Records of services
We may collect and maintain other records relating to our services to a customer, including details of specific services provided and communications exchanged.
Visiting our website or contacting us
If you contact us by other means, we may retain your contact details and your communication in order to handle your query, keep you updated on services relating to you query and maintain records of communications.
2.6. Other use of your personal data
We may also use your personal data for:
• contacting you in relation to the services we are providing, which may include communications to schedule interviews, and on service updates and availability;
• administration and maintenance of the services and our business;
• reviewing and enforcing your compliance with our terms of service; and
• compliance with legal obligations, or protection and enforcement our legal rights and those of customers or other individuals.
3. SECURITY AND RETENTION OF DATA
We take steps to protect your personal data from loss or misuse. You should also take steps to ensure confidentiality of login details and passwords which you use to access our services.
Our data servers are currently located within the European Union, and we do not transfer your data outside the European Union in providing our services as described above.
Our standard retention period for customer data is five years following completion of our services to you, and we seek to archive such data after one year. Our standard retention period for interview notes that our mentors make in hard copy is six months.
4. SHARING YOUR DATA
We may share relevant personal data relating to you with other organisations and individuals who assist us with our services. We shall remain responsible for how these parties use your data on our behalf, and you should direct queries relating to their use of your data to us.
These other organisations and individuals include:
• our associates who assist us in conducting interviews and feedback sessions with you as part of our services. They will also record information about you during the interviews, and share their notes and the results of these interviews with us if necessary;
• a provider of psychometric tests, who assists us to conduct ability and personality tests as part of our services. Our test provider will also collect data on our behalf when conducting the tests, and will share the results with us; and
• providers of technology services, including hosting and development of our website and hosting interview software.
We may also disclose personal data, where appropriate, to:
• our service providers and professional advisers;
• governmental or regulatory bodies and law enforcement authorities;
• any purchaser or (on terms of confidentiality) likely purchaser of our business; and
• other third parties where required or permitted by law.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR USE OF YOUR DATA
Data protection laws require us to identify the legal basis for the collection, use and disclosure of your data, as described above. The following apply to our activities.
• Processing necessary for performance of a contract with you, for example use of your information in order to provide you with our virtual assessment centre experiences and ultimate assessment guides, or to process payments from you.
• Processing necessary for our legitimate interests as a business and a provider of training services, for example, to handle queries and complaints, to maintain appropriate records of communications, and otherwise to manage our relationship with you.
• Processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation, for example if we are required to disclose any of your information to law enforcement authorities.
• Processing of personal data with your consent, including direct marketing activities and undertaking surveys.
6. ACCESSING YOUR DETAILS AND OTHER QUERIES
If you would like to access a copy of any person data which we hold about you, please send a request by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have rights, in certain circumstances, to object to us using your personal data, or to request that your personal data is corrected or erased. Please contact us at [email@example.com] about these rights.
Privacy notice by OBEP www.obep.uk
The cookies in use to deliver Google Analytics service are described in the table below.
|Google Analytics||These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
Contact & Communication
Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
The DEMO:U website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Privacy notice by OBEP www.obep.uk
- Preparing everyone to get the job they want.
- Maximising your chances of success
- For organisations: creating a level playing field
- For the education sector: improving student outcomes
Get In Touch